From: Christian Kniep <ckniep@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: /etc/hostname on gentoo
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 12:26:25
1 Hey Rich,
2
3 nice idea, but unfortunately this provides the hostname of the container
4 itself.
5
6 $ docker run -ti -v /proc/sys/kernel/hostname:/etc/docker-hostname:ro nginx bash
7 root@bea048d42fc3:/# cat /etc/docker-hostname
8 bea048d42fc3
9 root@bea048d42fc3:/#
10
11 Without digging deep into it I reckon that the proc (and the sys)
12 filesystems are treated differently, to be sure that each container is in a
13 distinct /proc filesystem.
14
15 Cheers Christian