From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [PMS] Version Naming Clarification
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 14:08:35
1 Howdy all,
2
3 I just bumped into something I feel is a Portage and PMS bug. Since I
4 believe in concrete use cases, I'll just go with that.
5
6 Currently in the tree we have sys-fs/ntfs3g. However the proper upstream
7 name and name referenced in every single doc in the world is "ntfs-3g".
8 I tried to rename the package however, Portage does not let me since it
9 is invalid naming. marienz and genone informed me it's invalid with PMS
10 as well.
11
12 The version I was trying to add is ntfs-3g-1.516. Logically Portage and
13 PMS should only consider any data after the LAST - as the version
14 information. Now in the cpv scheme of things, it's not undeterministic
15 because the following two entries would be the only valid entries:
16
17 sys-fs/ntfs-3g
18 =sys-fs/ntfs-3g-1.516
19