From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Project summaries
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 06:49:58
1 Hi,
2
3 any project lead/member can post an answer to this mail for a status
4 report:
5
6 Gentoo Lisp in general:
7 We are working on all our problems, but some sub-projects are a bit
8 understaffed (e.g. Common Lisp, because pchrist is away for a year),
9 while Scheme is in good shape but has only one active developer at the
10 moment. We get along, but help is always needed. All our overlays
11 are well maintained and an active playground whose changes make it into
12 the tree eventually. Project members can tell more about their field,
13 I guess.
14 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/index.xml
15
16 Gentoo GNU Emacs:
17 We are two people (ulm and myself), which handle the low bug load. In
18 the last two years we revamped the tree and created some interesting
19 things for Emacs users and eased our development work. We are mostly
20 in maintenance-mode because our plans are done in general:
21
22 * A developer guide how to maintain GNU Emacs and packages
23 * Documentation of the eclasses
24 * Eselect module to use one of the up to four GNU Emacs versions
25 installed in parallel
26 * app-emacs/gentoo-syntax for ebuild writers
27 * small tools (emacs-updater) to ease use of Emacs
28 * Push a policy on packages that is flexible and easy to use
29 * Create test plans for packages, so architecture teams know how to
30 test the package (some are still missing)
31 * Keyword (x86 and amd64 are mandatory) and stabilisation
32
33 We still miss:
34 * A user-guide, where a draft from a user is available, but needs some
35 polishing.
36 * ulm can tell more
37 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/emacs/index.xml
38
39 XEmacs:
40 graaff is the lone wolf here and because upstream development of XEmacs
41 is not really on fire, he has not too much to do, I think. He
42 introduced eclasses in a similar way as the GNU Emacs team.
43
44 V-Li
47 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
48 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
49
50 <URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>