From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ada compiler: split complete, naming suggestions for gnat-gpl?
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:06:20
1 неділя, 15. січень 2006 12:43, Kevin F. Quinn (Gentoo) Ви написали:
2 > If the 2005 does turn out to be a release date rather than the
3 > standard name, then it makes sense as a release version; gnat-gpl-2005
4 > would be enough. Later releases can add a point revision if necessary;
5 > if you do 2005.1 now, what happens if upstream release
6 > gnat-gpl-2005.1.tgz?
7 Good point. I kind of assumed that this just stands for the standard name, but
8 it indeed may be used as a version number upstream. Well, I guess the only
9 way to know is to pester them a bit more to see if they made up their mind
10 about versioning.. Oh, well, here goes my hope to start commits today :).
13 > Another possibility is gnat-gpl-3.4.5.2005, but I'm not sure that it's
14 > worth it.
15 Yea, 2005 looks not very much in line with the rest of it, although is a valid
16 "release" number..
17
18 George
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list