From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] masked portage 1.8.8-r1
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 15:46:00
1 On Sun, 2002-02-03 at 23:28, Dan Armak wrote:
2 > On Sunday 03 February 2002 19:05, you wrote:
3 > > I thought about this, but didn't implement it that way since portage
4 > > seems to be 'greedy' by default. With that I mean that '--pretend' also
5 > > has to be explicitly specified to prevent actions from happening.
6 > > Therefor I think it's more logical to have to specify '--safe'
7 > > explicitly too.
8 > While unmerge functionality is still in testing, I propose that we rename
9 > --safe to --old or similar. IMO it' makes a lot more sense, since unmerging
10 > without --safe isn't unsafe, it's just different.
11 >
12 > We might also (eventually) make a stub or symlink unmerge -> emerge --unmerge.
13 >
14 > These are small things which might seem unimportant, but I think they help
15 > create a more unified and intuitive interface to portage.
18 ditto
19
20 > --
21 > Dan Armak
22 > Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team (KDE)
23 > Matan, Israel
25 > gentoo-dev mailing list
26 > gentoo-dev@g.o