From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] how to handle sensitive files when generating binary packages
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:07:58
1 On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 23:18 +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
4 > It would probably be prudent to have pristine versions of the files
5 > installed on the system (optional) so that you can actually create
6 > binary packages with all the files.
7
8 If we go that direction we could have like a --live flag to quickpkg to
9 pull files from live file system, or from defaults stored else where or
10 etc.
11
12 Although not sure I like that idea due to extra bloat. But that's one of
13 the few downfalls I see to that approach. I am sure others might see
14 some I am not.
17 William L. Thomson Jr.
18 Gentoo/Java