From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Long Time No See
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 12:21:50
1 > Either way, I'll need some pointers. What's the best way to go about
2 > this in your opinion (install and build, or new build.tbz2)? And I'll
3 > need pointers on making a build.tbz2 if that's the case.
4
5 I think I have a solution. You can use the build environment to make a
6 statically linked version of the build env.
7 Simply say
8 export USE="build static"
9 and merge all the packages in build to a new location.
10 Then it should be possible to compile the glibc you are using on your
11 running system without messing up the
12 env.
13
14 Can give you a more detailed explanation if you want.
15
16 achim~
19 > As always, thanks in advance...
20 >
21 > --Jerry
22 >
23 > name: Jerry Alexandratos || Open-Source software isn't a
24 > phone: 703.599.6023 || matter of life or death...
25 > email: jerry@×××××××.org || ...It's much more important
26 > || than that!
29 > gentoo-dev mailing list
30 > gentoo-dev@g.o