From: Victor Ostorga <vostorga@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Wanted: Stats collection (not submission!) testimonials
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 15:47:15
1 On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 04:30:49 +0200
2 Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > Hello!
7 > As the collection part of my "bring stats to Gentoo" project is
8 > complete by now, it's a good point in time to do a bit more testing.
9 > If you can contribute a few minutes to it that would rock, please
10 > read on.
11 >
12 > The idea is that you as a human (not machine) with a system different
13 > from mine can find stuff that needs better (or different) handling
14 > quite well.
15 >
16 > The task is:
17 >
18 > Let the current collector script run on your machine, have
19 > a critical look at it's (hopefully self-explaining) output,
20 > and report back what you found.
21 >
22 > Here are precise commands you need to run:
23 >
24 > # git clone git://git.goodpoint.de/smolt-gentoo.git
25 > # cd smolt-gentoo
26 > # git checkout -b gentoo origin/gentoo
27 > # cd client/distros
28 > # python gentoo.py |& less
29 >
30 > Again, no data is submitted, just locally collected and presented.
31 >
32 > Please send your feedback to the list; collected data better goes
33 > to <sebastian@×××××××.org> if you are willing to share it.
34 >
35 > Thanks in advance for your help!
36
37 Great project, I just had seen two issues:
38
39 1. Local overlays are not taken into account, the output is like
40 follows:
41
42 Active overlays:
43 Names:
44 []
45 Paths:
46 []
47 Total: 1
48 Known: 0
49 Secret: 1
50
51 2. Package mask shows no output (assuming you are taking it
52 from /etc/portage/package.keywords) package.mask:
53
54 Total: 0
55 Known: 0
56 Secret: 0