From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Python application with multiple new dependencies
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 21:04:01
1 On Sat, 2019-04-13 at 22:27 +0200, Ralph Seichter wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > imagine a Python application "monty" with the following requirements
5 > listed in setup.py:
6 >
7 > install_requires=[
8 > 'ham>=1.0',
9 > 'spam>=2.0',
10 > 'eggs>=1.5'
11 > ]
12 >
13 > If I want to add "monty" as a new Gentoo package, and if none of "ham",
14 > "spam" and "eggs" are so far available as Gentoo packages, what is the
15 > recommended way of handling this situation?
16
17 I presume you want to proxy-maintain all of those packages.
20 > 1. Create one pull request that contains separate commits for adding
21 > each of the four Python packages?
22
23 This one. We generally find it easier when we see the big picture
24 in one place.
25
26 By the way, there's gentoo-proxy-maint@ ml for this kind of questions.
29 Best regards,