From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re : Cannot see my eclass modifications
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 19:29:21
1 On 04/05/16 02:30 PM, Farid BENAMROUCHE wrote:
2 > hum... yes I've setup all the relevant settings in my /etc/portage...
3 > I've also read the man, and still not understanding why.
4 >
5 > But At least you are confirming me that directly modifying the user.eclass in /usr/portage/eclass should work!
6 >
7 > The exact command line I've used was ROOT=/sysroot emerge -av sys-power/nut, where sysroot is a working x86 rootfs (ie, I can chroot in it) with no portage inside...
8 >
9 > PORTAGE_ECLASS_WARNING_ENABLE="1" in the make.conf seems to not work too...
12 ..ok so if you've got a full chroot, you might want to use 'emerge
13 --config-root=/path/to/chroot [stuff]' and make sure that the
14 /etc/portage/repos.conf changes you made are in the chroot too.
15
16 Barring that, though, the issue may very well be the type of changes
17 you're trying to make to user.eclass just not working (or being
18 called) as expected.
19
20 A bunch of us hang out on irc.freenode.org in #gentoo-dev-help , and
21 stuff like this may be easier to help with in a more interactive
22 environment like that.