From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] propose: remove themes from portage
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 01:04:20
1 I guess this stems from the nudity "in portage" debate...
2
3 What does redistribution mean? Does redistribution mean its available
4 on the mirrored distfiles directory? Does it also apply to an
5 ebuild? (I think the former).
6
7 Secondly, do we have legal rights to redistribute themes containing
8 content that we don't have copyright rights to. For example, the
9 Buffy the Vampire Slayer theme. Has anyone checked if we have the
10 rights to redistribute that material? What is its copyright status?
11 The same question applies to all other themes.
12
13 I propose for the cases in which we cannot verify copyright of content
14 within the theme, then it be removed from portage to save us from
15 possible legal ramifications in the future.
16
17 Some would wonder why themes are even in portage at all.
18
19 Matt
20 --
21 Matthew Kennedy