From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] =sys-boot/grub-0.97-r5 testers wanted
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 06:37:07
1 Hi folks,
2
3 The new -r5 of Grub provides a LOT of functionality and workings over
4 the previous -r3 and -r4, however I would like more testers than I
5 previously had.
6
7 Specific functionality for testing:
8 - GPT partition tables (bug 178586, 211584)
9 - Large kernels (bug 160801)
10 - * Long command lines (bug 183443)
11 - * Ext3 partitions w/ larger inodes (bug 214563)
12 - *^ Xen memory detection (bug 188312)
13 - *^ CCISS arrays (bug 153393)
14
15 If you do undertake to test these, I strongly recommend having a LiveCD
16 on hand in case it goes awry.
17
18 The GPT support I've tested myself enough, but further testing on
19 other GPT layouts would be useful (esp. those created with partitioning
20 tools other than parted). It does contain some definite fixes over the
21 r4 codebase.
22
23 The large kernel (>3Mb) support I am concerned about side effects with,
24 esp. when the configurable value is turned up high - I tested it
25 briefly, but not in-depth.
26
27 Items marked with a "*" were not tested by me personally, but I did get
28 some feedback. Items marked with a "^" I have not had any feedback
29 whatsoever on.
30
31 Please file problems via Bugzilla (file to base-system, I'll see it),
32 and success reports off-list to me.
35 Robin Hugh Johnson
36 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
37 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
38 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85