From: Jano Lukac <jano@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage GUI Front End
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 21:04:16
1 There's also someone working on a java frontend to the command line
2 utils, I saw it on freshmeat sometime last week.
3
4 On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 03:20:02AM +0200, Christophe Vanfleteren wrote:
5 > On Tuesday 28 May 2002 04:12, Corey Taylor wrote:
6 <snip>
7 > > help out. Either way I'd like to work on creating a GUI front-end for
8 > > Portage. I love the command line utils, but I think Gentoo could be more
9 > > attractive if we had the option of using a GUI to administer the
10 > > software on our systems.
11 <snip>>
12 > There's Kemerge ( http://freshmeat.net/projects/kemerge ), for KDE obviously,
13 > and just today I saw someone on the user list who is making a pyGTK frontend
14 > (Collins, erichey2@×××××.com , subject was "emerge and redirected files").
15 >
16 > You might want to get in touch with one of those people.
17 >
18 > Christophe Vanfleteren
20 > gentoo-dev mailing list
21 > gentoo-dev@g.o