From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI 6 portage is out!
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 11:23:23
1 >>>>> On Wed, 18 Nov 2015, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
2
3 >> And on what basis would you stabilise Portage, when there are no
4 >> ebuilds in the tree to test its EAPI 6 code?
5 > When I do QA in projects I'm involved with (at least outside of
6 > Gentoo), we don't do it live on end-user systems. I'll leave the
7 > details as an exercise for the Gentoo developer.
8
9 That sort of QA should take place before making a new Portage relaese.
10 I was talking about marking it stable, though.
11
12 Quoting the devmanual:
13
14 arch
15 Both the package version and the ebuild are widely tested, known
16 to work and not have any serious issues on the indicated platform.
17
18 "Widely tested" has always meant tested on unstable users' systems.
19
20 Ulrich