From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pybugz call for testers
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 03:20:58
1 On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 7:55 AM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
2 <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3 > On 4/10/12 11:17 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
4 >> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:45:14PM +0200, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
5 >>> On 4/10/12 7:54 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
6 >>>> I can name a couple of issues that are api limitations that we can't do
7 >>>> anything about:
8 >>>> - you can't search on cc: or keywords fields.
9 >>> That's going to be a problem for arch testing needs (e.g. STABLEREQ
10 >>> keyword and x86@ cc-ed). How about doing the searches "the old way" that
11 >>> allowed the above.
12 >>
13 >> That is not so easy to do since we have completely gotten rid of the old
14 >> method of communicating with bugzilla. That method was not reliable and
15 >> had broken several times with bugzilla upgrades, but using the web
16 >> services will be more stable.
17 >
18 > Right, scraping HTML that way was obviously brittle, but at least it
19 > worked (in the pragmatic sense). Without that functionality, the
20 > batch-stabilization tools I and other devs use would be broken.
21 >
22 > If possible, please restore the old code, possibly marked as deprecated
23 > and not officially supported (best effort, patches welcome is fine), and
24 > named maybe search_brittle or something similar.
27 Do you need the command line front end for your arch testing
28 utilities, or are you using the bugzilla.py module directly? If the
29 latter, I think it would be possible to restore the old bugzilla.py
30 module, possibly with a different name.
31
32 If you actually need the front end (bugz and cli.py), it would
33 probably be easier for you to just have two copies of pybugz: an old
34 version for searching and a new version for making changes.