From: Luke-Jr <luke7jr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] compiling java vs. binary
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 01:36:33
1 On Thursday 18 March 2004 01:27 am, Joseph Booker wrote:
2 > Im wondering if java programs in portage really require to be compiled, I
3 > dont no of any that i use (mainly just the jdk and jedit) that has USE
4 > flags or anything like that that changes the files compiled, so whats the
5 > point of having them compiled when the binary versions would be just the
6 > same on any arch?
7 I don't know if any ebuilds do it, but it is possible to compile native arch
8 binaries using GCJ...
11 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list