From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Review: news item and script for CPU_FLAGS_X86
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 20:22:45
1 Dnia 2015-01-23, o godz. 14:26:48
2 Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On 01/23/2015 02:13 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > To help you enable the correct USE flags, we are providing a Python
6 > > script which generates the correct value from your /proc/cpuinfo [1].
7 > > The Python script can be downloaded and executed using the following
8 > > command:
9 > >
10 > > $ wget -O - dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/cpuinfo2cpuflags-x86.py | python
11 >
12 > Can we not encourage people to pipe stuff from a plain-http website into
13 > an interpreter?
14
15 Find a better solution.
16
17 > But that's not the biggest problem with the wget thing: the first time
18 > someone runs this it's going to fail.
19 >
20 > $ wget -O - dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/cpuinfo2cpuflags-x86.py | python
21 > ...
22 > Unable to determine PORTDIR, please set it before calling this script
23
24 Don't you have Portage installed?
25
26 > Now they get to download it again. Perhaps a bigger problem:
27 >
28 > $ echo $PORTDIR
29 > /var/cache/portage/repositories/gentoo
30 > $ python cpuinfo2cpuflags-x86.py
31 > Unable to determine PORTDIR, please set it before calling this script
32
33 Did you export PORTDIR?
36 Best regards,
37 Michał Górny