From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: tommy@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: locations of binaries and separate /usr
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 19:26:31
1 On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 19:48:03 +0100
2 Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Defining a prefix is no "hack", it is an option you can use.
5 >
6 > Anyway, we both have probably enough packages with such a "hack"
7 > installed, but i cannot find a single file in /lib/pkgconfig, not even
8 > that dir does exist. Is it different on your system?
9
10 Defining a prefix is no hack. Defining a prefix would result in
11 existence of such a file, and installation of static libraries in /lib.
12
13 We use hacks to move shared libraries to rootfs, and then create one
14 more hack to not confuse the linker with different locations of static
15 and shared libraries.
18 Best regards,
19 Michał Górny