From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Manifest2 format
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 23:57:06
1 On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 06:39:10PM -0500, Olivier Crete wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2005-06-12 at 17:04 +0100, Marius Mauch wrote:
3 > > As promised here the GLEP for Manifest2 support:
4 > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0044.html
5 >
6 > I see nothing about GPG in the GLEP.. Would those manifest files be
7 > signed like the current ones? Would it be possible to have "per-line"
8 > signing, or something like the stacked signing idea that was proposed
9 > last month. If we are going to change the manifest format, might as well
10 > do it properly.
11 Scope:
12 "It does not expand the scope of it to cover eclasses, profiles or anything else not already covered by the Manifest system, it also doesn't affect the Manifest signing efforts in any way (though the implementations of both might be coupled)."
13
14 I'd like to aim for doing the fragment signing in right into Manifest2 from the
15 start, and I've had discussions with ferringb regarding that. It makes more
16 sense than refitting the existing Manifest code with the new signing.
19 Robin Hugh Johnson
20 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
21 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85