From: Sebastian Volke <jungschar_basti@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The future of ebuild
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:24:57
1 On Monday 25 February 2008 11:59:35 Jakub Moc wrote:
2 > While we are switching the whole tree to Nix, I'd strongly advocate that:
3 >
4 > 1/ All ebuilds must be rewritten in whitespace [1]; that will have the
5 > great side-effect that all those pesky whitespace repoman checks will
6 > start to be meaningful finally.
7 >
8 > 2/ All eclasses must be rewritten in Piet [2] at the same time, so that
9 > we make dev's life a bit more colorful once the former step. is
10 > finished. There is already a platform-independent IDE ready for this
11 > purpose after all [3].
12 >
13 > Since the benefits of the above are so obvious, I suppose this doesn't
14 > even require a GLEP and the porting work should therefore start
15 > immediately to make it in time for 2008.0.
18 Nice "mockery" :-)
22 *Sebastian Volke*
23 registered Linux user #426550
24
25 mail address: echo ozslxhmfw_gfxyn@×××.sjy | perl -pe 'y/a-z/v-za-w/'
26
27 If your mail client doesn't support GPG signatures, please ignore this
28 little "signature.asc" file.