From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: GLEP 64: Standardize contents of VDB and establish and API for exporting this information.
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 23:52:58
1 On 08/30/14 17:05, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Sat, 30 Aug 2014, Anthony G Basile wrote:
3 >> [...] package management systems (PMS) [...]
4 > Apart from its other more common uses [1,2], "PMS" in a Gentoo context
5 > stands for the "Package Manager Specification" [3] and the project
6 > associated with it [4]. So please do not use the same abbreviation
7 > for the package manager, as this will lead to confusion. Especially,
8 > we must often distinguish between the specification and its
9 > implementation in package managers, and using the same term for both
10 > will not help with this.
11 >
12 > Ulrich
15 > [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PMS
16 > [2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF4PygY-k7Y
17 > [3] http://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/head/pms.html
18 > [4] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:PMS
19
20 Thanks for that clarification! There are other changes I want to make,
21 but because I can't directly edit the wiki page, I'll wait for more
22 input before sending a delta creffett's way.
25 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
26 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
27 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
28 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
29 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA