From: Parag Mehta <pm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rc.local init order
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 05:55:09
1 Hi Thread!
2
3 Try adding ur script in /etc/rc.d/rc.local this is the file which fires the last in any linux system.
4
5 * Thread assembled some ascibets to say:
6 Thread >
7 Thread >Interesting, I added my spoofy little perl app to fire off on boot to my
8 Thread >/etc/rc.d/init.d/local. Problem: the script attempts to connect to my mysql
9 Thread >database first thing, and fails because the mysqld init script doesn't fire off
10 Thread >till later. I always thought that the local init was the last to execute, guess
11 Thread >I was wrong. What's the most elegant way around this quirk?
12
13 Best Regards,
14
15 pm