From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Partimage on the livecd
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:30:49
1 On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 20:17 -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Slippery slope. A couple MB here, a couple there ... suddenly the
3 > minimal CD that Chris has worked so hard to drop size from is bloated up
4 > again.
5
6 Exactly.
7
8 Nevermind that we've added about 10MB to this release already. Of
9 course, that is to add better support for lvm2 and dmraid, plus a bunch
10 of extra network drivers. These are things that would be used during an
11 installation, so they fit the requirements, but one of my first tasks
12 after this release is to start working towards reducing the size of the
13 minimal install CD (again). My personal goal is to fit the entire
14 contents of the CD on a 32MB USB key.
17 Chris Gianelloni
19 Games - Developer
20 Gentoo Linux