From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perforce client proper license
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 00:41:10
1 On Saturday 21 March 2009 14:06:09 Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > Hello folks,
3 >
4 > Qt-creator[1] program can support perforce[2] software configuration
5 > manager. My concern is the perforce license. According to their site[3]
6 > there is a dual(?) license.
7 > There is the standard commercial license[4] and one for free software
8 > development[4]. Should I add both? Or am I missing something?
9 > Doing some research I found out that perforce-cli was in the portage back
10 > in 2006 but not anymore. Can somebody recall the reason why it is not there
11 > anymore? If it wasn't a license issue , I want to bring it back ( at least
12 > the client for now ).
13 > I am waiting your suggestions. Thank you
14 >
15 > [1] http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/dev-util/qt-creator/
16 > [2] http://www.perforce.com/perforce/
17 > [3] http://www.perforce.com/perforce/price.html#license
18 > [4] http://www.perforce.com/perforce/price.html#opensource
19
20 Responding to my self, i decided not to bring this package on tree and
21 instead use an ewarn message to inform user that if he wants perforce support,
22 he needs to download the binary by himself. Thats not a big deal since the
23 binary doesnt even require installation or anything else.
24 --
25 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
26 Gentoo Linux Developer
27 Qt/KDE/Sunrise/Sound