From: Wolfram Schlich <lists@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few modest suggestions regarding tree size
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:15:59
1 * Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o> [2004-10-12 23:46]:
2 > It has come to my attention that, during recent weeks, a small number of
3 > users have been complaining recently about the size of the rsync tree.
4 > My august colleagues have proposed many ingenious solutions, but
5 > misfortunately they are all complicated and involve a lot of manual
6 > work. I believe the following small changes (which can mostly be
7 > automated) would prove of much larger benefit to the community for a
8 > vastly reduced cost.
9 > [jokes]
10
11 Hmm, is it April 1st yet?! :>