From: flameeyes@gmail.com (Diego 'Flameeyes' =?utf-8?Q?Petten=C3=B2?=)
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Nominations open for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 18:55:06
1 Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> writes:
2
3 > 1. Please tell us how/if you plan to fix GLEP 39. (You may not consider
4 > it broken)
5
6 Need to address better when a meeting is considered official (right now
7 it's not addressed at all, so anything is better), for the rest is fine
8 as it is.
9
10 > 2. As one of the first priorities will be setting policy for pending
11 > appeals what policy do you propose ?
12
13 Council handles appeals, there's no conflict of interests: who gets
14 voted in is already known to not be entirely impartial and/or being in
15 charge of other decsion-making teams.
16
17 > 4. How do you think the council and trustees can work together to make
18 > Gentoo better?
19 > Not just the code base but the cooperative environment we all work
20 > together in too.
21 > Disclosure - I have a personal interest in responses as a trustee.
22
23 Staying independent one of the other, with no hierarchical relationship
24 one way or the other.
25
26 > 5. Tell us a little about yourself - the skills and experience you can
27 > bring to the council?
28
29 If you know me you know what I do, if you don't, I suggest just looking
30 at my blog (http://blog.flameeyes.eu/) there it's all you have to know,
31 and probably something you don't care about.
32
33 > 6. Tell us one outstanding (in your own mind) contribution you made to
34 > Gentoo in the last year.
35
36 Last year? Being a council member already, I'd say.
37
38 > Any candidate who does not have time/interest to prepare a manifesto
39 > addressing the above and anything else they want to say to the
40 > electorate will have a hard time convincing me that they have the time/
41 > interest to undertake the duties of a council member.
42
43 You might want to revisit your ideas, unless you expect next council
44 elections to require primaries first. I sincerely don't want to spend
45 time to rewrite this as a "manifesto" because it makes really not much
46 sense. I don't take an opinion _just_ for the election, my opinions are
47 open to anybody to see. And I did have time and interest in stayin in
48 the council for two terms already.
49
50 With all sincerity, your "threat" makes me want to puke: if we're being
51 forced to write manifestos, I might just as well reject my nomination,
52 as I find that just useless bureaucracy.
53
54 And no I won't be wearing a Gentoo logo pin on my lapel.
57 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
58 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/