From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild version parse debugging
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 01:44:56
1 On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 05:42:06PM -0500, Donny Davies wrote:
2 > Hi, devs
3 >
4 > Using portage-1.7.2, and an empty /etc/make.profile/packages
5 > file (just to eliminate that stuff from the equation), out of these 3
6 > choices:
7 >
8 > openssh-3.1.ebuild
9 > openssh-3.1_beta.ebuild
10 > openssh-3.1_pre5.ebuild
11 >
12 > portage is choosing openssh-3.1_pre5.ebuild
13
14 I've verified this over here too, and I know where the code is flaking out.
15 To fix it, I may roll in some Portagev2 "eid" code to replace our current
16 very old and very slow code. Since this isn't a biggie (_pre is rarely used),
17 we'll probably go in this direction. Should be a fun day project.
18
19 Best Regards,
22 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
23 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org