From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: bash arrays in OpenRC
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 04:54:46
1 Hi Mike,
2
3 On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:27:59PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 > i dont think we've had openrc in stable long enough to force people to
5 > migrate. so i'd keep the code putting along for now, and add a note to the
6 > feature removal schedule only after we have checks in the openrc ebuild that
7 > to catch upgrade paths (and perhaps even do the migration for users).
8
9 We don't try at all to migrate /etc/conf.d/net; we tell the user to read
10 /usr/share/doc/openrc-*/net.example and do the migration themselves. Are
11 you suggesting automating that step? I think it would be tricky to do
12 that at best since there could be so many different configurations.
13
14 Is it possible to use eerror inside the _flatten_array and _get_array
15 functions some how so that they will complain when they are used to
16 parse bash arrays?
17
18 William