From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: The future of sys-apps/openrc in Gentoo
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 15:01:41
1 On 07/04/2010 05:29 PM, Lars Wendler wrote:
2 > Hi list,
3 >
4 > now that openrc has no active upstram anymore [1] what shall we do? To be
5 > honest I was really looking forward for openrc/baselayout-2 finally becoming
6 > stable in Gentoo but this seems to be quite implausible now that openrc has no
7 > upstream anymore.
8 > If there's anyone out there who would volunteer to maintain openrc, please
9 > step up now or else I fear we must abandon openrc which would be very sad.
10
11 How about switching to something that has a very active upstream?
12
13 http://bugs.gentoo.org/150190