From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eqawarn for main tree
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 19:18:26
1 On 03/12/2010 11:27 PM, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > On 03/12/2010 11:39 AM, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> In eclasses there's often use for outputting QA warnings for ebuild
4 >> authors (at least in java and python could immediately make use of
5 >> this). Currently Portage has eqawarn available but it's considered
6 >> internal. Hopefully eqawarn finds it's way to the next EAPI but in the
7 >> mean while do we want:
8 >>
9 >> 1) Do a wrapper like attached to eutils.eclass
10 >> 2) Use whatever e* function that seems most appropriate (for example
11 >> einfo when it's common so user LOGging setups don't get too much noise)
12 >> 3) Have a speedy next EAPI if we can find more stuff like this to bundle
13 >
14 > Here's another option:
15 >
16 > 4) Retroactively add eqawarn to all EAPIs and use introspection to
17 > call eqawarn only if available (and drop the introspection after
18 > about 1 year):
19 >
20 > declare -F eqawarn >/dev/null && \
21 > eqawarn "this is ignored by older package managers"
24 I would rather focus on fixing the problem of new EAPI implementations
25 taking so long rather than retroactive hacks.
26
27 Regards,
28 Petteri