From: Mark <markb1@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] xmms broken?, and an update question
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 16:35:47
1 XMMS:
2 Using OSS (with appropriate kernel module) it just freezes.
3 Using ALSA (with appropriate alsa module) I get a seg fault.
4
5 All kde sounds (for example) work with also or OSS, so I don't think
6 this is a hardware/kernel/alsa problem.
7
8 Ideas?
9
10 UPDATE QUESTION.
11 Lets say I wan't a newer version of Ruby.
12 By the looks of it, all I have to do is change the name of the script.
13 So the question is "should I"?
14
15 A change this minor seems to trivial to email to someone, or get CVS
16 access for.
17 So can someone do it?
18
19 -thanks
20
21 BTW: Just finished setting up my box. Very nice. Thanks everyone.
22 Hopefully soon I can start contributing to the project.