From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Ebuild <gentoo-ebuild@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-ebuild] Problem with nss_ldap ebuild
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 07:25:57
1 On Thu, 2001-11-29 at 18:10, Joshua Pollak wrote:
2
3 > I don't know what your problem is, but I suggest you use this ebuild that I
4 > wrote a while back. I submitted it to the list, but it doesn't seem to have
5 > been added to CVS. I also wrote a new version of the pam_ldap ebuild. I've
6 > included that too. Perhaps it will get integrated this time as well.
7 >
8 > This version of the pam_ldap plugin is labeled r1 because I changed one 'try
9 > emake' to 'emake || die' and because I removed the last two lines of the
10 > ebuild, which automatically added nscd to the boot process and started it.
11 > This sort of auto-config isn't Gentoo policy, so I took it out. ;)
12 >
13 > I had a lot of trouble (as did others) with the nss and pam ebuilds in rc6.
14 > These ebuilds installed for me and at least one other person without
15 > problems, good luck!
16
17 Updated and commited. Seems fine.
18
19 Problem though is that openldap-1.2.13-r6.ebuild did not want
20 to build here, as it failed during the tests. openldap-2.0.11
21 build fine though, but it is masked with the message that
22 it is not compadible .. ?!?!
23
24 Anybody know why ? Can we test if the latest versions of
25 openldap and the incompadible app work ??
26
27 Should be appreciated if some dev that knows about this issue
28 could give some feedback
34 Martin Schlemmer
35 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
36 Cape Town, South Africa