From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Democracy: No silver bullet
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:58:21
1 Alec Warner wrote:
2 > Mike Doty wrote:
3 >> Thierry Carrez wrote:
4 >> [snip]
5 >>
6 >>> I for one was quite demotivated to see that the Infra team could
7 >>> overrule the Council (and did it twice).
8 >>
9 >> how? I don't recall either instance.
10 >>
11 >> --Mike
14 > I believe the latter was the revoking of Ciaran's CVS access prior to
15 > his trial.
16
17 Yup, which we've apologized for since then and acknowledged as a mistake
18 on our part. We also established better communication between all the
19 groups involved so that it doesn't happen again. So aside from the
20 perceived outcome, we did fix a few issues that we had with that.
23 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
24 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
25
26 ---
27 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
28 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
29
30 ramereth/irc.freenode.net