From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glep 42 (news) round six
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:59:31
1 051218 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > * Change to yyyy-mm-dd for GLEP 45 compatibility.
3
4 Good to see Gentoo adopting correct international date format.
5
6 > You are encouraged to reply to this thread
7 > saying "I agree with ciaranm
8 > that repository IDs should not be allowed to contain spaces".
9
10 No problem at all there (smile): spaces in names are A Bad Thing for Unix,
11 as they conflict with the basic format of the command-line
12 & were introduced by M$ (Mac ?) to make things easier for idiots.
13 The proper procedure for Unix-type systems is to use an underline symbol.
14
15 > Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
16
17 Does your brain really contain that many viruses ... ?
21 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
22 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
23 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list