From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global use flag: vpx or vp8
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 15:30:24
1 On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 4:09 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
2 <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3 > On 7/31/10 4:37 AM, Hanno Böck wrote:
4 >> Though we might discuss if vpx is really a good name or it shouldn't be vp8.
5 >
6 > It might also be webm. Not sure what's more intuitive for people. Also,
7 > nteresting question would be whether to enable the flag by default an in
8 > which profiles (desktop?).
9
10 Speaking as a user, I would ask what the standard file ending is? Most
11 users won't know what the codec is, they will just know is foo.webm or
12 foo.vpx/8.
13
14 Just a thought if debating the name.
15