From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo Bugday
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 06:28:19
1 On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 27/02/2013 11:39, Pavlos Ratis wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Hello everyone,
5 >>
6 >> I would like to announce you a new try to 'revive' the Bugday event.
7 >> As most of the open source projects have their own bugday, I thought
8 >> it would be great to have this event back. For those who don't know,
9 >> its a monthly 24h event that takes place in #gentoo-bugs. Its goal is
10 >> to close as many bugs as possible . You don't have to be a Gentoo
11 >> expert to participate. Those days are a great way to start joining the
12 >> Gentoo community, improving Bugzilla's and Wiki's quality and looking
13 >> for a mentor to begin the recruitment process. The upcoming bugday
14 >> event is this Saturday and I hope this event will continue in the next
15 >> months. I have created a wiki page for the event[1] and I added some
16 >> guidelines. I have also created a related blog post about the
17 >> event[2].
18 >>
19 >> I have listed some maintainer-wanted and maintainer-need bugs and
20 >> Bugzilla admins also re-enabled the bugday flag. I would like to ask
21 >> the Gentoo project teams to start using this flag to their bugs that
22 >> think that are good to start and enable the flag at them. It would be
23 >> great to a have a really big list with 'good to start' bugs.
24 >>
25 >> It's the first time after a long time that this event will take place,
26 >> so I am looking forward to your participation both users and
27 >> developers and your feedback.
28 >>
29 >> [1] http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Bugday
30 >> [2] http://blog.dastergon.gr/gentoo-bugday/
31 >>
32 >> Thanks,
33 >> Pavlos
37 > Hi,
38 >
39 > Thanks for your work, it will be great to see Bugday happening again.
40 >
41 > What about the old bugday webpage[1]? It seems a bit broken at the moment,
42 > but may be useful to get running again.
43 > Is the code available somewhere? Who has access to the login in the footer?
44
45 antarus@flycatcher /var/svnroot/bugday $ grep svnbugday /etc/group
46 svnbugday:x:4005:gurligebis
47
48 It is there, but only gurligebis has r/w. We should migrate it to
49 git.o.g.o if possible (all the secrets should be in a separate
50 infra-owned repo, basically.)
51
52 I have no idea who has access to login.
55 > Best regards,
56 > Michael
57 >
58 > [1] http://bugday.gentoo.org/