From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Future of Desktop-effects project
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 14:03:35
1 Hi.
2
3 It is sad to say, but i have no time for compiz anymore.
4 Personally, I do not use it anymore for around six months(i have
5 migrated from KDE with compiz as WM to pure fluxbox on both of my
6 workstations).
7
8 And, to be honest, there is no progress in desktop-effects overlay
9 either[1].
10
11 As i am the only member of project i suggest this masterplan:
12
13 - set timeout for a week from current date(so, deadline would be Jul 19,
14 2017);
15 - if any of the developers want to take maintainership - please join the
16 project
17 - if no developers will volunteer, but there will be user, who would
18 like to fix stuff and work with proxy maintainers - please set
19 maintainership correctly
20 - after deadline happens and no other of developers join the project, i
21 will request disbanding it and move all packages, that are still under
22 project maintenance to maintainer-needed
23
24 Not sure what to do with overlay when project will be disbanded though.
25
26 Packages, that are maintained by desktop-effects project[2]:
27
28 dev-python/compizconfig-python
29 x11-apps/fusion-icon
30 x11-libs/compiz-bcop
31 x11-libs/compizconfig-backend-gconf
32 x11-libs/compizconfig-backend-kconfig4
33 x11-libs/libcompizconfig
34 x11-misc/3dfb
35 x11-misc/3dfm
36 x11-misc/ccsm
37 x11-misc/simple-ccsm
38 x11-plugins/compiz-plugins-extra
39 x11-plugins/compiz-plugins-main
40 x11-plugins/compiz-plugins-unsupported
41 x11-themes/emerald-themes
42 x11-wm/compiz
43 x11-wm/compiz-fusion
44 x11-wm/emerald
45
46 Open bugs on these packages can be seen by this query[3]
47
48 [1] - https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/desktop-effects.git/
49 [2] - listed using 'portageq --no-filters
50 --maintainer-email=desktop-effects@g.o -n'
51 [3] -
52 https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&list_id=3587404&namedcmd=desktop-effects
55 Best regards, Sergey Popov
56 Gentoo developer
57 Gentoo Desktop Effects project lead
58 Gentoo Quality Assurance project lead