From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: pr@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] newsitem: k8s split packages round 3
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 21:30:41
1 [Note: After chatting on irc, I haven't come up with anything that makes
2 sense for a kubernetes meta package, but I am open to meta packages if others
3 think they might be useful, so let's discuss that idea in a separate
4 thread. The text of the newsitem is below.]
5
6 Title: kubernetes Split Packages Returning
7 Author: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
8 Posted: 2020-10-06
9 Revision: 1
10 News-Item-Format: 2.0
11 Display-If-Installed: sys-cluster/kubernetes
12
13 In order to fix the ability to upgrade kubernetes components separately,
14 the kubernetes split packages are returning [1].
15
16 Starting with kubernetes 1.17.12, 1.18.9 and 1.19.2, you will need to
17 install the following packages in the appropriate configuration for
18 your cluster.
19
20 sys-cluster/kubeadm
21 sys-cluster/kube-apiserver
22 sys-cluster/kube-controller-manager
23 sys-cluster/kubectl
24 sys-cluster/kubelet
25 sys-cluster/kube-proxy
26 sys-cluster/kube-scheduler
27
28 Once the split packages are stabilized, sys-cluster/kubernetes will be
29 masked and removed.
30
31 [1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/741572