From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: David Nielsen <Lovechild@××××××××.com>
Cc: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>, Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>, Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>, Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>, George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: culture clash (was: Ebuild Janitor Project)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 19:39:53
On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 11:32, David Nielsen wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 03:42, Luke Graham wrote: > > Mate, he just wants to tidy up some ebuilds and submit them to bugzilla. Stop > > talking rubbish about herds and culture. Sorry for the top post, but the > > message below is so bloody long. > > To please the worried part of the developers we have now added a warning > message to each and every ebuild forum on our project site, so to avoid > bug reports coming from potentially broken or in heavy development > ebuilds made by the team. > > Now could we possibly get some positive feedback for a change? >
I have not yet looked at your site (sorry), but sorda always hectic here. Basically I think you guys misunderstood each other terribly (hopefully 8). Anyhow, we are talking about transforming the way things work to get better QA, and take some load off developers (or should we say guys with CVS commit privs). *I* (note me in my personal opinion) think that what you guys started, is a step in what we were thinking (the herds thing), but rather sudden and with more force/success than imagined ;) If we talk about this, we should be able to work something out that will be for the better for our community as a whole. Right ? Anyhow, I tried to forward to a few people, hopefully, the right ones will respond =) Regards, -- Martin Schlemmer Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer Cape Town, South Africa

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: culture clash (was: Ebuild Janitor Project) David Nielsen <Lovechild@××××××××.com>