From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: pkg_rm_pretend?
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 17:37:03
1 On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 07:50:38 +0000 (UTC)
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Wow. How'd you ever get a backlog of 400 packages in your depclean list,
5 > including critical ones you know you want to keep? These days portage
6 > even strongly suggests running depclean after an --update @world, in part
7 > to avoid such huge and confusing backlogs when it is run.
8
9 I maintain perl ... so ... that can happen within a week *easily*,
10 depending what I test-install. :)
11
12 On my chroot, I had a 1900 package depclean the other day that took 2
13 hours to run.
14
15 And yes, this was actually due to me going "oh, right, this box is
16 going to need to upgrade Perl soon, I should depclean *before* I sync
17 to make my life easier".
18
19 Welp.