From: fede2@fuerzag.ulatina.ac.cr (Alvaro Figueroa Cabezas)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gawk-3.1.3
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:06:53
1 On Jul 11 12:13, Brandon Low wrote:
2 > Is there a good reason to turn it on or not to turn it on that I should
3 > be aware of?
4
5 As far as I can read, Arnold D. Robbins is just waiting for the 3.2 release to
6 put it in for real.
7
8 The pro, is that it will help awk programmers to get aquaninted with the
9 function, and of course to use that function instead of writing a ton on
10 else-if code.
11
12 On the other hand, it could brake code, if the coders have a user
13 defined switch function, but this (i hope) is quite unlikely.
14
15 Whould you like me to dig in to this matter a bit further?
16
17 >From the news file:
18
19 8. C-style switch statements are available, but must be enabled at
20 compile time via `configure --enable-switch'. For 3.2 they'll be
21 enabled by default. Thanks to Michael Benzinger for the initial
22 code.
23
24 Whould you like me to dig up on the why a little further?
27 Alvaro Figueroa
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list