From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New global USE flag: gtk-doc
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 18:39:01
1 Ühel kenal päeval, R, 24.08.2018 kell 23:06, kirjutas Mart Raudsepp:
2 > Longer version idea:
3 > Build and install gtk-doc based developer documentation for dev-
4 > util/devhelp, IDE and offline use
5
6 This has been pushed now with initial consumers (fresh meson based
7 packages or converts from autotools).
8
9 I have a candidate list of packages that could use a IUSE flag usage
10 change accordingly. It's a short list because I didn't consider
11 autotools packages, as for them it often means to rebuild it for
12 questionable benefits, thus I don't actually want those cases to add
13 unnecessary rebuild time cost with a global USE=gtk-doc - they are
14 already there without current USE=doc and accessible in devhelp and
15 some IDEs. This means autotools builds that don't use a properly disted
16 tarball won't get a bug filed from me right now (but why are they using
17 a bad tarball?).
18 I'll try to get those from my candidate list checked through and
19 converted to bug reports soon for applicable ones. If more than lets
20 say 3, then probably a tracker bug too.
23 Mart