From: Michael <kensington@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Implicit system dependencies
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 07:46:06
1 Hi,
2
3 I wrote a script to search for discrepancies between linked libraries and
4 what's defined in (R)DEPEND, with the intention of improving QA for minimal
5 package installs.
6
7 The devmanual seems to suggest that it's a bad thing for packages to
8 explicitly depend on packages in the system set, while many packages in the
9 tree do indeed explicitly depend upon packages such as zlib and ncurses.
10
11 Any thoughts to as how far I should go with filing bugs regarding this
12 issue?
13
14 Best regards,
15 Michael