From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: flameeyes@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] the default FETCHCOMMAND with broken ssl certificates
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:50:46
1 On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 10:41:49 +0200
2 "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
3 > Well wget already provides an user agent string, something like
4 Wget/1.10.
5 > When a server refuses a connection from this useragent string, it
6 means that
7 > they *don't* want Wget to download from them, so I don't really think
8 it's
9 > the case to change this default string.
10 >
11 That's not always the case though. I know some mirrors would allow
12 wget's with user defined, even if defined to a generic "Gentoo User
13 Downloading Agent", but don't allow blank connections at all. I think
14 the suggestion was whether there could be a way to set this default for
15 portage.