From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: vcs-snapshot-r1.eclass -- a better eclass for VCS snapshots (and others)
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 14:07:58
1 On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 23:49:52 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Of course, if the community insists, I could just update the old
5 > eclass and fix the ebuilds broken that way.
6
7 The following ebuilds would need fixing if -r1 is to replace -r0
8 in place:
9
10 a) naming the tarball ${P}-src.tar.gz:
11 - dev-java/jna,
12 - dev-python/ws4py.
13
14 They could be easily fixed by either renaming the destination file (it
15 shouldn't collide with anything, I think) or setting appropriate S=.
16
17 b) downloading .zip for no good reason:
18 - dev-util/ninja (betagarden overlay).
19
20 If the eclass is to spread, there are two more packages in gx86 using
21 zipballs (which would not be supported by -r1).
22
23 All the packages mentioned above are from github so they could be
24 easily changed to grab tarballs instead.
27 Best regards,
28 Michał Górny