From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem with texlive-basic-2012 in portage
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 02:35:10
1 On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 9:00 PM, easior <easior@×××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi, all!
3 >
4 > I am a TeX user with TeX Live installed by Gentoo portage. Recently, I found
5 > that the TeX Live version have been updated to 2012 and I want to refresh my
6 > Gentoo system. Unfortunately, the package, texlive-basic-2012, couldn't be
7 > properly compiled. Viewed from the build.log, it maybe caused by the package
8 > zlib. The version of zlib did not match to texlive-basic since texlive-basic
9 > needs the zlib library with version 1.2.5.1, but the zlib in my gentoo is
10 > updated to version 1.2.7. On the other hand, the ebuild of zlib-1.2.5 have
11 > been removed by the Gentoo protage and the downgrading of zlib is not a good
12 > solution for zlib-1.2.7 is pulled by many packages.
15 $ revdep-rebuild
16 $ emerge -1 lua
17
18 Should do the trick.