From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] xfree
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 04:13:31
1 Hi All,
2
3 Well, I've checked in a masked -r3 ebuild for xfree-4.3.0. In it, I have the fonts moved into /usr/share/fonts. I would like this to undergo testing, and also I would like some opinions/feedback on this move. Just to catch everyone up: I'll be moving the fonts packages in portage all to media-fonts categories, and make them install into /usr/share/fonts instead.
4
5 Additionally, the roadmap for -r3 is to remove ALL font building from xfree entirely and shove them into separate packages. The two possible exceptions will be 75dpi and 100dpi fonts, but even those might move and become PDEPENDs.
6
7 As such, the current -r3 in portage is just part way there.
8
9 I am very interested in opinions before I proceed along this path.
10
11 Thanks,
14 Seemant Kulleen
15 Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
16 Gentoo Linux http://www.gentoo.org/~seemant
17
18 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
19 Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E