From: Adrian Schollmeyer <nex@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] www-nginx/ category and nginx-module.eclass for nginx modules
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 19:02:06
1 Hi,
2
3 Am Dienstag, dem 24.01.2023 um 18:11 +0100 schrieb Michał Górny:
4 > How many packages do you expect to add to this new category?  It's
5 > not customary to create a new category for one package.
6 We currently have 24 third party modules in www-apps/nginx pulled in
7 conditionally via USE flags. With nginx-module.eclass we should be
8 able to migrate all of them to separate packages, reducing extra
9 compile overhead for users wanting to install one of those modules and
10 reducing the ebuild size and complexity of www-apps/nginx.
11
12 Best regards
13 Adrian