From: tadpol@××××××.org
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What is the purpose?
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 10:40:53
1 On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 03:24:36AM -0400, Thomas M. Beaudry wrote:
2 > What is the purpose of this list?
3 for the developers to make fun of each other when we make mistakes? oh
4 wait, that's what the irc is for... ^_^
5
6 > I've still not heard anything about
7 > the best way to upgrade the kernel.
8 This is a very opinion based question. I can tell you what I do, if that
9 is the best or not is another matter.
10
11 What I do is install one of the linux-sources packages. This dropped the
12 kernel source, and patches it for you. Then I cd over to /usr/src/linux,
13 and do the standard build steps. (make menuconfig, make dep bzImage
14 modules)
15
16 later,
17 --
18 Michael Tilstra tadpol@××××××.org
19 Yeah, way back when I had this thought in my mind, it went away.