From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: app-leechcraft/*, virtual/leechcraft-*
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 12:58:31
1 On Tue, 2020-09-22 at 07:51 -0500, Georg Rudoy wrote:
2 > The PR ( https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/15938 ) contains
3 > non-live snapshot ebuilds. Although, indeed, it's been last updated a
4 > few months ago.
5 >
6 > What's ultimately blocking there is splitting the commit adding those
7 > ebuilds into multiple commits, one per package, while keeping the tree
8 > consistent. I admit I hadn't had (and most likely won't have in the
9 > foreseeable future) the resources to do these
10 > consistent-per-package-commits — doing this (effectively a toposort,
11 > counting in the dependencies between ebuilds) by hand is painful, and
12 > there's no good automation I'm aware of that'll do that for me. On the
13 > other hand,
14 > 1. I know at least some other multipackage groups don't always do
15 > per-package updates and instead commit everything in one fell swoop
16 > (like qt, for instance).
17 > 2. I think I've been told on #gentoo-proxy-dev that if this indeed
18 > proves to be a burdensome thing, adding all the ebuilds in one commit
19 > is feasible. But it's indeed been a while ago, keeping track of time
20 > is hard.
21 >
22 > If (2) is correct, I'm more than happy to fix whatever other issues
23 > are pointed out in the PR.
24 >
25 > But, of course, all this is ultimately up to you folks. I'm just a
26 > proxy.
27 >